Terms and Conditions
The Dumb Butler Hospitality Suppliers (PTY) LTD
Main company contact:
Chris Lessing (M.D) Owner/Operator
083 426 1652
Fax to email: 086 525 9977
14 La Vie Crescent, Groenleegte, Paarl
Western Cape, 7646
- Business, Administrative & Contact Information
- Business name: The Dumb Butler Hospitality Suppliers (PTY) LTD
- Business type: Hospitality Suppliers
- Company registration number: 2019/266522/07
- Tax reference number: 9491202199
- The prices are always kept low enough in order for large quantities to be ordered and quality is of the very best. We might not always be the cheapest but we trust our service and comprehensive range of products will save you more in the long run!
- Amenities like soaps, creams etc. are 100% natural herbal and the industrial cleaning agents are eco-friendly, approved by the strictest S.A.B.S. standards according to new legislation.
- We endeavour to simplify and supply in all your needs by being a One Stop Supplier.
- Pens, corporate gifting, business cards, pamphlets, embroidery, printing, clothing and uniforms, shoes, catering equipment, crockery, glassware, cutlery, art, beds and mattresses, linen, furniture, soaps, toilet paper, industrial soaps, safety wear, furniture and lots more!!
- Branding are being done in-house!
- Feel free – indulge in our website, compile a wish list on site and e-mail it directly!
- To make life a whole lot easier- Also find us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn!
- We have complied with the latest trends and laws and is a registered PTY LTD company.
Terms and Conditions of The Dumb Butler Hospitality Suppliers
Welcome to The Dumb Butler Hospitality Suppliers. By accessing our website, purchasing our products, or using our services, you agree to comply with the following terms and conditions, as well as any policies referenced herein or available on our website. Please read these terms carefully.
Acceptance of terms:
The Company permits the use of this website subject to the terms and conditions. By
using this website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the terms and
Use of the Website
- You may only make a purchase on this website if you are 18 years of age or
- You agree that you will not use any device, software or other instruments to
interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website. In
addition, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic
devices, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the website or
the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an
authorised company representative.
- You may not use the website to distribute material which is defamatory,
offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
The contents of this Website, including any information, software, icons, text, graphics,
layouts, images, sound clips, trade names, logos and trademarks are protected by law,
including but not limited to copyright and trademark law, and are owned by or licensed
to the Company.
The prices displayed are inclusive of 15% VAT but exclude delivery costs.
Though we endeavour to ensure that the prices displayed on the website are accurate, it is possible that erroneous prices may be displayed from time to time.
In such cases, we shall not be obliged to sell the product at the erroneous price and will correct erroneous prices as soon as we become aware of them. Displaying a price on the website does not constitute an undertaking by us to maintain that price for any length of time.
Agreement of sale
Placing a product in your trolley does not constitute an order for that product and we
cannot be held liable if the product is no longer available, or if the price has changed by
the time the checkout process is completed.
An agreement of sale comes into effect when either a credit card authorisation is
received from the issuing bank, or a bank transfer is reflected on our bank statement.
We reserve the right to cancel an order at any point in time without giving any reasons.
In this case, we shall be liable to refund any money already paid in respect of that order.
Please note that due to the nature of our business and the types of product that we
stock, our website will show a product as being available even if only one item is
available for sale. If you require a larger quantity than is available, we may not be able
to supply additional items at the same price, within the same time frame, or in some
cases, at all. For large orders, we would recommend that you contact us directly for
Cancellation of Orders:
Should you wish to cancel all or part of an order, please contact The Dumb Butler Hospitality Suppliers .
Telephone: 083 426 1652 (Mon-Thurs: 8:00-16:30 & Fridays 8:00-16:00)
The Dumb Butler Hospitality Suppliers values your privacy.
The Dumb Butler Hospitality Suppliers shall take all reasonable steps as required by the Protection of
Personal Information Act (4 of 2013) and the Promotion of Access to Information Act (2
of 2000), to protect your personal information that we collect through our website.
Telephone: 083 426 1652 (Mon-Thurs: 8:00-16:30 & Fridays 8:00-16:00
Orders and Payment
We accept online payments through our website. All payments must be made at the time of order. Your order is not confirmed until payment has been received in full. We reserve the right to cancel any orders at any time.
Shipping and Delivery
We ship our products to customers in South Africa. Our shipping times may vary depending on the product, quantity, and location. We use a third-party courier service for deliveries, and we are not liable for any loss or damage caused by the courier. Customers should take up any issues regarding delivery with the courier themselves.
We make every effort to accurately represent our products on our website. However, we cannot guarantee that the color or appearance of the product will be exactly as it appears on our website. If you are not satisfied with the appearance of the product, please contact us to discuss a possible return or exchange.
Returns and Refunds
We do not offer refunds on any of our products. However, if you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us within 7 days of receipt of your order to discuss a possible return or exchange.
All returned items must be in their original condition and packaging.
- A FULL deposit is a standard with us to acknowledge the acceptance of a quote, and orders are done exactly to the finalized agreed quote!
- No orders will be done without the secured deposit paid and cleared.
- Any variations or alterations will be credited to the suppliers or rectified only after the balance is paid of the original invoice!
- Delivery costs are for the client’s account although the most reliable and cheapest means are always sourced!
We try to deliver within 48 hours! (Branded items 5-7 working days from signed approval of artwork)
- Delivery periods and stock availability may vary occasionally due to unforeseen factors, as may prices from time of quote.
- Delivery is strictly C.O.D. as we carry the cost on the balance of your invoice.
- A 20% handling fee will be charged on paid orders cancelled.
- Accepted methods of payment are cash/ E.F.T/ mobile card facility available (Pocket Pos)
We bank with NEDBANK
- Discount NOT applicable on specials.
- Artwork and requests for artwork/samples to be supplied by us will be for the client’s account.
- Wrongly printed/embroidered items are neither returnable nor refundable once samples are approved.
- Sizing on all linen and apparel is standard and must be double checked before ordering or manufacturing.
(3-4 weeks) Lead time on ALL linen items.
- All sample orders WILL be charged for.
We regret that we cannot be responsible for staff loss/gain or weight loss/gain of the client company. A new invoice /order will then be issued.
We regret that we cannot be responsible for any textiles that was ordered and not used and placed in a place that may or can be the cause of damage such as sunlight/ water/ bleach etc
We regret that we cannot be responsible for any textiles ordered due to a difference in colour. Colour variation might occur and cannot be rectified/returned as products are dyed in various lots by the various manufacturers.
- Disclaimer: Simplethnic t/a The Dumb Butler can not guarantee nor be held liable for any items ordered, nor can we supply a warranty on items purchased once it has left our premises due to consumer/ courier handling or mistreatment.
Items that does carry a warranty/guarantee will be referred to the original importer/supplier for further legal handling once a prescribed certified technician of their choice has assessed and gave his/her findings.
We will refer all such legal matters to our legal team.
All content on our website, including images, text, and logos, is the property of The Dumb Butler Hospitality Suppliers and protected by South African and international copyright laws. You may not use any of our content without our express written consent.
Copyright © The ROOIKAT/LYNX Custom Apparel Range belongs to Simplethnic Hospitality Suppliers PTY LTD.
Subject to the express provisions of this notice, we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights on our website, internet and other Social Media and the material on our website.
All the copyright and other intellectual property rights on our website and the material on our website, internet and other Social Media are reserved.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, The Dumb Butler Hospitality Suppliers is not liable for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage arising out of your use of our website, products, or services. By using our website, products, or services, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Dumb Butler Hospitality Suppliers and its directors, employees, and affiliates from any and all claims, damages, or expenses.
Modification of Terms
We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Your continued use of our website, products, or services after such modifications constitute your agreement to the new terms.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of South Africa. Any disputes arising from or related to these terms and conditions will be resolved in South Africa.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these terms and conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By using our website, products, or services, you agree to these terms and conditions.
(Last edited: 13 June 2023)